As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your home’s heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort. Take these steps to increase the efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
1. Change your air filter regularly
2. Tune up your HVAC equipment yearly
3. Install a programmable thermostat
4. Seal your heating and cooling ducts
5. Consider installing ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling equipment
Ask about Proper Installation of your new equipment